Concerning the changed curriculum in the spring semester no regular lectures will be held in Biochemistry. In order to help the students in preparation for the midterms and exams not only the compulsory lab retakes will be offered, but additionally a lot of non-compulsory seminars, consultation possibilities will be offered.
Moreover elective courses will be held also!
In the following you can see the most important information regarding the compulsory and elective courses.
- The practical lab retakes both in Biochemistry 1. and 2. will be held in the spring semester. The practicals of Biochemistry 1. will be held on every second Wednesday; the first practical begins at 15 on 14th February Wednesday. The practicals of Biochemistry 2. will be held on every second Wednesday; the first practical begins at 16.15 on 21st February Wednesday. Registration happens in Neptun.
-The dates of Lab practicals in Biochemistry 1.: 14th February, 28th February, 14th March, 4th April, 18th April, 2nd May
-The dates of Lab practicals in Biochemistry 2.: 21st February. 7th March, 21st March, 11th April, 25th April
In the frame of the Lab practicals Biochemistry 2. theoretical topics will be also discussed. This „theory and lab” will be offered for each students in order to be prepared better for the midtem and/or oral exams.
The topics of the „theory and lab” are as follows:
21st February: Regulation of blood sugar concentration
7th March: Biological oxidation, respiratory chain, oxidative phosphorylation and citrate cycle
21st March: Fatty acids and lipids
11th April: Degradation of hemoglobin
25th April: Comparison of fat- and water-soluble vitamins
- Seminars (not compulsory) will be offered for the students who have not passed the midterm and/or oral exam of Biochemistry. 2. Each topics of Biochemistry 2. will be discussed on these seminars. The 1st seminar will be held at 15 on 26th February Monday in the Lecture Hall of Chemistry, and then on every second Monday. Contact person of Seminars: Chanett Nordli. If you would like to take part, please send an email for us: Chanett and also me.
The dates of the Seminars in Biochemistry 2.: 26th February. 12th March, 19th March, 9th April, 23th April
The topics of the Seminars are as follows:
26th February: Carbohydrate metabolism
12th March: Amino acid metabolism
19th March: Lipid metabolism
9th April: Organs and ruminants
23th April: Vitamins
- Pathobiochemistry elective will be held on every Wednesday; the first lecture will be held at 15, on 28th February Wednesday in the Lecture Hall of Physiology and Biochemistry. Contact person of Pathobiochemistry: Mark Marcello. Registration happens in Neptun.
The dates and topics of Pathobiochemistry lectures: 28th February: Carbohydrates 1; 7th March: Carbohydrates 2; 14th March: N-containing compounds; 21st March: Ruminants; 4th April: Lipids; 11th April: Clinical lab diagnosis; 18th April: Intracellular signal pathways; 25th April: Written exam.
- Tumorbiology elective will be held on every Thursday; the first lecture will be held at 15, on 1st March Thursday in the Lecture Hall of Physiology and Biochemistry. Contact person of Tumorbiology: Registration happens in Neptun.
The dates of Tumorbiology lectures: 1st March, 8th March, 22nd March, 5th April, 12th April, 19th April, 26th April, 3rd Mai: Written exam.
- The following information is given for you concerning the written and oral exams and the midterms in Biochemistry 1. and 2.
For the final exams (written and/or oral) you have to register in the Neptun system!
Active students can sit for the exam from the beginning of May until the end of June (regular exam period) and also in the September exam period.
Inactive students can sit for the exams from the beginning of March until the end of June and also in the September exam period. The oral exams begin: 8 o clock am., the written exams begin: 9 o clock am. The dates of the inactive written and oral exams are as follows: 9th March Friday, 6th April Friday, 4th May Friday.
Biochemistry 1. Midterm:
- April, Wednesday at 7.15 in the Kemény Armand Lecture Hall (Lecture Hall of Physiology and Biochemistry); Midterm retake: 25. April, Wednesday at 7.15 in the Kemény Armand Lecture Hall (Lecture Hall of Physiology and Biochemistry).
Biochemistry 2. Midterm:
- April, Wednesday at 7.15 in the Kemény Armand Lecture Hall (Lecture Hall of Physiology and Biochemistry); Midterm retake: 02. May, Wednesday at 7.15 in the Kemény Armand Lecture Hall (Lecture Hall of Physiology and Biochemistry).
Budapest, 01.03. 2018.